Has Rihanna Ruined Whatever 'Seapunk' Is?
Last week, Rihanna performed a song on Saturday Night Live decked out in some vaguely retro '90s garb, surrounded by aquatic imagery, early '90s memes and 3D effects. It was about as weird as it sounds, and it's apparently called "seapunk," a subgenre of "steampunk," a subgenre of "fantasy" and so-on. All this would be fairly innocuous, except there apparently are a lot of seapunk aficionados out there, and they are blowing up the blogs with righteous blogdignation about how Rihanna has ruined the only thing that ever really mattered to them. So it goes, Rihanna. You swim with the seapunks, you get wet with angry blogs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Infidelity Doesn’t Just Happen. It Starts with These Subtle Warnings
- > Harvard Study Links Church Attendance to Lower Divorce Rates
- > Obama Thinks Pot Should Be Decriminalized
- > This YouTube Genius Can Turn Any Song into Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’
- > Chick-fil-A Is Rolling Out Another Food Truck
- > Pakistan Has Sentenced Five People to Death for Murdering a Christian Couple