Has Rihanna Ruined Whatever 'Seapunk' Is?
Last week, Rihanna performed a song on Saturday Night Live decked out in some vaguely retro '90s garb, surrounded by aquatic imagery, early '90s memes and 3D effects. It was about as weird as it sounds, and it's apparently called "seapunk," a subgenre of "steampunk," a subgenre of "fantasy" and so-on. All this would be fairly innocuous, except there apparently are a lot of seapunk aficionados out there, and they are blowing up the blogs with righteous blogdignation about how Rihanna has ruined the only thing that ever really mattered to them. So it goes, Rihanna. You swim with the seapunks, you get wet with angry blogs ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today