Half of Senate Skips NSA Briefing to Leave Early for Three-Day Weekend
This whole PRISM domestic spying program is a pretty big deal. If you’re a United States Senator, you would definitely want to attend a briefing by the head of the NSA to fully explain the scope and details of the program to understand what its full impact on personal privacy and national security really is, right? After all, a majority of Senators voted for it in the first place and many said the NSA had purposefully deceived them about the program’s scope. This briefing to set the record straight is a pretty big deal. So, if you’re a Senator would you: A) Attend the briefing, ask good questions, take solid notes and fully understand the reach of this unprecedented program, or B) Pop in a Rebecca Black CD for a TGIF celebration, and blow off the meeting to leave town early for a three-day Father’s Day weekend? Considering only 47 out of 100 Senators attended the briefing, the correct answer would be B …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin