This Guy Plans to 3-D Print 'Meat,' Obviously
There's been a lot of recent talk about 3-D printers and the various implications they could have for our society. They're making moon bases. They're making human cells. There are pens. But would you trust a 3-D printer to print meat for you, as opposed to getting your meat from an animal? If Andras Forgacs, CEO of Modern Meadow, it's an option we'll be facing soon. He says his company, which is already experimenting with the process, has "a certain transhumanist element," and says it "is as much about minimizing animal suffering as it is about mitigating the environmental impacts."
When asked how the "meat" he's printing tastes, Forgacs is honest enough: "I cooked some pieces in olive oil and ate some with and without salt and pepper. Not bad. The taste is good but not yet fully like meat." Very comforting ...
Recommended For You
- > The Founder of YouVersion Gave Pope Francis an iPhone with the App
- > Here's Your Full 'Jurassic World' Trailer
- > Matthew McConaughey Will Star in ‘The Stand’ Adaptation
- > Nick Offerman Carved This Large Piece of Wood to Announce His New Comedy Special
- > ‘Breaking Bad’ Executive Producer Michelle MacLaren Will Direct ‘Wonder Woman’