This Grumpy Cat Charity Art Auction Will Probably Raise Millions of Dollars
Internet meme superstar Grumpy Cat (whose real name is Tardar Sauce) is now the star of her own art show. Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, a studio and center for the arts in Alabama, has commissioned more than 30 local artists to create original works inspired by the Internet’s most infamously ill-tempered feline. Each unique piece—they include everything from stained glass portraits and ceramic figurines to paint and canvas murals and charcoal renderings—is being auctioned off this week online, with proceeds going to fund new programs at the center as well as a playground for kids. As if you needed an excuse to buy a piece of Grumpy Cat art …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation