This Grumpy Cat Charity Art Auction Will Probably Raise Millions of Dollars
Internet meme superstar Grumpy Cat (whose real name is Tardar Sauce) is now the star of her own art show. Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, a studio and center for the arts in Alabama, has commissioned more than 30 local artists to create original works inspired by the Internet’s most infamously ill-tempered feline. Each unique piece—they include everything from stained glass portraits and ceramic figurines to paint and canvas murals and charcoal renderings—is being auctioned off this week online, with proceeds going to fund new programs at the center as well as a playground for kids. As if you needed an excuse to buy a piece of Grumpy Cat art …
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like