This Grumpy Cat Charity Art Auction Will Probably Raise Millions of Dollars
Internet meme superstar Grumpy Cat (whose real name is Tardar Sauce) is now the star of her own art show. Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, a studio and center for the arts in Alabama, has commissioned more than 30 local artists to create original works inspired by the Internet’s most infamously ill-tempered feline. Each unique piece—they include everything from stained glass portraits and ceramic figurines to paint and canvas murals and charcoal renderings—is being auctioned off this week online, with proceeds going to fund new programs at the center as well as a playground for kids. As if you needed an excuse to buy a piece of Grumpy Cat art …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.