Groupon Cans CEO, Who Compares It to 'Battletoads'
Groupon's long souring Cinderella Story finally hit a low point yesterday, as their stock plummeted 25 percent. The online coupon company which was once hailed as the future of retail and hasn't really hit the right note ever since, responded by firing their CEO, Andrew Mason.
“After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I’ve decided that I’d like to spend more time with my family,” he wrote in a note to employees. “Just kidding—I was fired today." Mason continued the note in good humor, which included such classic CEO references as “If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever playthrough." You may not know what Terra Tubes are anymore than Groupon's remaining employees do, but Wall Street seemed to take it well. The company's stock rose 4 percent following news of Mason's firing ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Southern Baptists Urge President Obama to Act on ISIS
- > Yep. Mumford's New Album Will Be All Electric.
- > The Perfect Crime: Thief Knocks Himself Out Trying to Break Into Car
- > Icing-Filled Cap’n Crunch-Covered Donut Holes Are Being Sold at Taco Bell
- > Kanye's New Album Will Be Called ‘So Help Me God’