Groupon Cans CEO, Who Compares It to 'Battletoads'
Groupon's long souring Cinderella Story finally hit a low point yesterday, as their stock plummeted 25 percent. The online coupon company which was once hailed as the future of retail and hasn't really hit the right note ever since, responded by firing their CEO, Andrew Mason.
“After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I’ve decided that I’d like to spend more time with my family,” he wrote in a note to employees. “Just kidding—I was fired today." Mason continued the note in good humor, which included such classic CEO references as “If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever playthrough." You may not know what Terra Tubes are anymore than Groupon's remaining employees do, but Wall Street seemed to take it well. The company's stock rose 4 percent following news of Mason's firing ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity