Groupon Cans CEO, Who Compares It to 'Battletoads'
Groupon's long souring Cinderella Story finally hit a low point yesterday, as their stock plummeted 25 percent. The online coupon company which was once hailed as the future of retail and hasn't really hit the right note ever since, responded by firing their CEO, Andrew Mason.
“After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I’ve decided that I’d like to spend more time with my family,” he wrote in a note to employees. “Just kidding—I was fired today." Mason continued the note in good humor, which included such classic CEO references as “If Groupon was Battletoads, it would be like I made it all the way to the Terra Tubes without dying on my first ever playthrough." You may not know what Terra Tubes are anymore than Groupon's remaining employees do, but Wall Street seemed to take it well. The company's stock rose 4 percent following news of Mason's firing ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns34
- Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver8
- ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days1,708
- Here’s What Jesus Meant When He Said, “Sell Everything And Give It to the Poor.”106
- > Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > ‘Boxcar Children' Movies Are in the Works So Millennials Can Relive Their Book Fair Glory Days
- > Science: People Who Are Workaholics Are More Likely to Suffer From Anxiety, Depression and ADHD
- > This Dude Proposed to His Girlfriend with a Custom ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Level