Gorillas Gain the Upper Hand in War on Poachers
If poachers want to keep capturing and slaughtering gorillas, they're going to have to be smarter than the gorillas are, which is looking more and more unlikely. Gorillas in Rwanda have started outwitting their human enemies, disabling traps, rescuing their peers and setting up warning systems to alert their families to the presence of traps. Some gorillas have even figured out how to dismantle the traps with their bare hands. Gorillas have been witnessed using handmade tools to hunt (including sharpening spears) so poachers might want to consider moving on to more legal trades that don't involve their being outsmarted by animals ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'