Gorillas Gain the Upper Hand in War on Poachers
If poachers want to keep capturing and slaughtering gorillas, they're going to have to be smarter than the gorillas are, which is looking more and more unlikely. Gorillas in Rwanda have started outwitting their human enemies, disabling traps, rescuing their peers and setting up warning systems to alert their families to the presence of traps. Some gorillas have even figured out how to dismantle the traps with their bare hands. Gorillas have been witnessed using handmade tools to hunt (including sharpening spears) so poachers might want to consider moving on to more legal trades that don't involve their being outsmarted by animals ...
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign