Google Unveils Chromecast, a $35 Streaming TV Device
Google has unveiled a $35 device that they hope will change the way you watch TV. The Chromecast allows users to stream videos and music from YouTube, Netflix and Google Play, using your smartphone or tablet as a remote control. You simply plug the thumb drive-sized device into the TV’s HDMI port, and start browsing streaming content through a Wi-Fi connection. With such a low price point, the Chromecast offers a streaming solution that dramatically undercuts its competition like Apple TV, the Xbox and Roku. Though content is currently limited to Netflix streaming, YouTube videos and music and videos that can be found on Google Play, Pandora and other popular services are expected to be rolled out soon …
Recommended For You
- > Obama Tells Religious Heckler, ‘I Believe in God. Thanks for the Prayer'
- > Liberian Officials May Quarantine Entire Communities as Ebola Outbreak Grows
- > Here Are the Worst Meals in America
- > This Dude Built a Roller Coaster in His Parents' Backyard
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible