Google Unveils Chromecast, a $35 Streaming TV Device
Google has unveiled a $35 device that they hope will change the way you watch TV. The Chromecast allows users to stream videos and music from YouTube, Netflix and Google Play, using your smartphone or tablet as a remote control. You simply plug the thumb drive-sized device into the TV’s HDMI port, and start browsing streaming content through a Wi-Fi connection. With such a low price point, the Chromecast offers a streaming solution that dramatically undercuts its competition like Apple TV, the Xbox and Roku. Though content is currently limited to Netflix streaming, YouTube videos and music and videos that can be found on Google Play, Pandora and other popular services are expected to be rolled out soon …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet