Google’s Ray Kurzweil: Immortality and the Singularity Are Coming Very Soon
Google’s Director of Engineering and noted futurist Ray Kurzweil made some bold predictions at the Global Future 2045 World Congress this week. According to him, human immortality, the singularity of man and machine merging and the ability for people to upload our brains to computers will all be possible in the next 30 to 100 years or so. "We're going to be increasingly non-biological to the point where the non-biological part dominates and the biological part is not important anymore." Martine Rothblatt, CEO of biotech company United Therapeutics, talked about the business implications of developing “mindclones.” She said, "The first company that develops mindware will have [as much success as] a thousand Googles." Mindclones, half-human/half-computer hybrids, the search for immortality, billion-dollar tech empires—this is going to end well …
Recommended For You
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?
- > Another Charming Visit From Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
- > Catholic Bishop Summit Ends Without Revised Stance on Same-Sex Couples