Good Night, Sweet Tape Player
And so it ends. Sony has announced that the cassette player, the world's first portable music player, begins its last great journey off to the happy hunting grounds of other bygone tech products. So long, tape player. So long, "Walkman." You opened us up to a brave, new world in which we were free to leave our house and listen to music without needing to be mindful of who or what was going on around us. For that, we are forever grateful. The world was not worthy of you. May you one day return as an object hipsters can listen to ironically, insisting that it "sounds better" than digital music or something. Until then, fare thee well ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola