Good Night, Sweet Tape Player
And so it ends. Sony has announced that the cassette player, the world's first portable music player, begins its last great journey off to the happy hunting grounds of other bygone tech products. So long, tape player. So long, "Walkman." You opened us up to a brave, new world in which we were free to leave our house and listen to music without needing to be mindful of who or what was going on around us. For that, we are forever grateful. The world was not worthy of you. May you one day return as an object hipsters can listen to ironically, insisting that it "sounds better" than digital music or something. Until then, fare thee well ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’