Good Night, Sweet Tape Player
And so it ends. Sony has announced that the cassette player, the world's first portable music player, begins its last great journey off to the happy hunting grounds of other bygone tech products. So long, tape player. So long, "Walkman." You opened us up to a brave, new world in which we were free to leave our house and listen to music without needing to be mindful of who or what was going on around us. For that, we are forever grateful. The world was not worthy of you. May you one day return as an object hipsters can listen to ironically, insisting that it "sounds better" than digital music or something. Until then, fare thee well ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation