Good Night, Sweet Paul
When it's time, it's time. Yesterday, Congressman Ron Paul delivered his farewell speech to Congress, after three Presidential bids that, while unsuccessful, were remarkable for the grassroots effort behind them. He's spent 23 years in the House of Representatives, and apparently he's off to enjoy the rest of his days doing whatever it is he does when he's not mobilizing those masses disillusioned by the two-party system into an independent army of surprising size and furor. His poignant, convicting farewell speech is about 45 minutes long, which might seem indulgent (The Atlantic put together a nice summary), but the man's given 23 years of public service to this country. You can afford 45 minutes for him ...
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like