Good Night, Sweet Paul
When it's time, it's time. Yesterday, Congressman Ron Paul delivered his farewell speech to Congress, after three Presidential bids that, while unsuccessful, were remarkable for the grassroots effort behind them. He's spent 23 years in the House of Representatives, and apparently he's off to enjoy the rest of his days doing whatever it is he does when he's not mobilizing those masses disillusioned by the two-party system into an independent army of surprising size and furor. His poignant, convicting farewell speech is about 45 minutes long, which might seem indulgent (The Atlantic put together a nice summary), but the man's given 23 years of public service to this country. You can afford 45 minutes for him ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts