Good Night, Sweet Paul
When it's time, it's time. Yesterday, Congressman Ron Paul delivered his farewell speech to Congress, after three Presidential bids that, while unsuccessful, were remarkable for the grassroots effort behind them. He's spent 23 years in the House of Representatives, and apparently he's off to enjoy the rest of his days doing whatever it is he does when he's not mobilizing those masses disillusioned by the two-party system into an independent army of surprising size and furor. His poignant, convicting farewell speech is about 45 minutes long, which might seem indulgent (The Atlantic put together a nice summary), but the man's given 23 years of public service to this country. You can afford 45 minutes for him ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’