Good Night, Sweet New York City Marathon
Amid widespread criticism and growing concern for neighborhoods that have yet to receive due attention in Hurricane Sandy's wake, Mayor Mike Bloomberg has announced that the New York City Marathon will be canceled for the first time in 40 years. His office issued a statement saying, "The marathon has always brought our city together and inspired us with stories of courage and determination. We would not want a cloud to hang over the race or its participants, and so we have decided to cancel it. We cannot allow a controversy over an athletic event – even one as meaningful as this – to distract attention away from all the critically important work that is being done to recover from the storm and get our city back on track." All runners are being guaranteed a spot in next year's race ...
Recommended For You
- > Believe That Pluto Can Be a Planet Again.
- > Andy Stanley’s North Point Tops This List of the Largest Churches in America
- > Adam Sandler Will Make Four Movies for Netflix
- > New Website Users Automatically Donate a Dollar to a Different Nonprofit Every Day
- > Here’s the New Trailer for ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’