Good News: Malala Yousufzai Is Recovering Well
Well, here's some good news for your Friday. Malala Yousufzai, the shot Pakistani girl whose fearlessness has united her country against the Taliban's stranglehold, stood up yesterday and is communicating freely through writing. There's still a tube in her throat, which prevents her from speaking, but doctors expect to remove the tube in the next few days and, according to hospital director David Rosser, "We have no reason to believe she won't be able to talk." While they stressed that she is not yet out of the woods, doctors are very optimistic about her eventual recovery ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > President Trump on Spree of Anti-Semitic Threats: ‘It’s Going to Stop’
- > Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon Seem to Be Having a Good Time Shooting ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- > Yes, Alex Trebek Rapped Along to Drake, Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar on ‘Jeopardy'
- > Famine Declared in South Sudan: Millions Are in Desperate Need of Food