A Good Day to Almost Die Hard
Let today serve as a casual reminder that our planet exists at the constant mercy of a potentially infinite number of giant balls of hurtling fire and rock. First, Russia got slammed by a meteorite that sent hundreds of people to the hospital and shattered buildings. And now, lest we forget the dire warnings of Bill Nye, Earth is going to miss contact with a city-killer by a mere 15 minutes later tonight. It weighs 130 metric tons, is 150 feet across, will skirt between Earth and its satellites and will be, at its closest, around 2:00 p.m. EST.
UPDATE: As predicted, the asteroid skimmed the atmosphere but didn't make any actual contact. So, continue on with your life today, remembering that whatever other dangers you face today, you've already dodged the biggest one ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s Usain Bolt Easily Beating James Corden and Owen Wilson in a Foot Race
- > Watch This Young Girl’s Tearful Address to the Charlotte City Council
- > Former Megachurch Pastor Tullian Tchividjian Almost Committed Suicide After Scandal
- > Last Night’s Debate Has Already Been Autotuned, and It’s Glorious
- > Report: Christians in North Korea Face Torture, Rape, Death and More For Their Faith