Giant, House-Eating Snails Are Taking Over Florida
Just when you thought exotic animal invasions couldn’t possibly get any worse after the Everglades became overrun by Burmese Pythons that can kill alligators, a new species is slowly taking over South Florida: Rat-sized snails and that will eat your house. Along with the ability to chew through plaster and stucco, the snails also carry a “parasitic rat lungworm” that can cause serious illnesses. Also, did we mention, they can also eat your house? A Department of Agriculture spokesperson gave this cryptic description: “They're huge, they move around, they look like they're looking at you ... communicating with you.” So remember, if you see a massive, house-eating snail trying to communicate with you, it’s not something to be messed with …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign