Giant, House-Eating Snails Are Taking Over Florida
Just when you thought exotic animal invasions couldn’t possibly get any worse after the Everglades became overrun by Burmese Pythons that can kill alligators, a new species is slowly taking over South Florida: Rat-sized snails and that will eat your house. Along with the ability to chew through plaster and stucco, the snails also carry a “parasitic rat lungworm” that can cause serious illnesses. Also, did we mention, they can also eat your house? A Department of Agriculture spokesperson gave this cryptic description: “They're huge, they move around, they look like they're looking at you ... communicating with you.” So remember, if you see a massive, house-eating snail trying to communicate with you, it’s not something to be messed with …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course