Giant, House-Eating Snails Are Taking Over Florida
Just when you thought exotic animal invasions couldn’t possibly get any worse after the Everglades became overrun by Burmese Pythons that can kill alligators, a new species is slowly taking over South Florida: Rat-sized snails and that will eat your house. Along with the ability to chew through plaster and stucco, the snails also carry a “parasitic rat lungworm” that can cause serious illnesses. Also, did we mention, they can also eat your house? A Department of Agriculture spokesperson gave this cryptic description: “They're huge, they move around, they look like they're looking at you ... communicating with you.” So remember, if you see a massive, house-eating snail trying to communicate with you, it’s not something to be messed with …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.