George Jones, RIP
George Jones, the country music superstar who is as well-known for his numerous hits as he was for his hard-living excesses, passed away today at the age of 81, of unknown causes. He didn't have Johnny Cash's presence or Waylon Jennings' outlaw status, but he became a true legend of the genre, with songs like "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and "She Thinks I Still Care" becoming mainstays of Nashville's scene. Here's a clip of him singing "Keep On the Sunny Side" with Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course