George Clooney is Abraham Lincoln's Cousin or Something
Remember George Clooney? Used to be on ER? Well, looks like his ship has finally come in, because the folks at ancestry.com have found out something cool about his lineage.
George Clooney is distantly related to America's storied 16th President, Abraham Lincoln, according to Ancestry.com. The finding came recently as Ancestry.com researchers were tracing the president's lineage in celebration of the upcoming film, Lincoln. "We noticed there were similarities between the names and places of Abraham Lincoln's tree and George Clooney's tree," the genealogy website's Michelle Ercanbrack tells PEOPLE.
George Clooney may want to look into some sort of police protection from whoever among ancestry.com's employees was well-versed enough in his ancestors to notice similarities between him and Abraham Lincoln. But, that aside, good news for George Clooney. Maybe this will give his career the kick it's needed for so long ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle