George Clooney is Abraham Lincoln's Cousin or Something
Remember George Clooney? Used to be on ER? Well, looks like his ship has finally come in, because the folks at ancestry.com have found out something cool about his lineage.
George Clooney is distantly related to America's storied 16th President, Abraham Lincoln, according to Ancestry.com. The finding came recently as Ancestry.com researchers were tracing the president's lineage in celebration of the upcoming film, Lincoln. "We noticed there were similarities between the names and places of Abraham Lincoln's tree and George Clooney's tree," the genealogy website's Michelle Ercanbrack tells PEOPLE.
George Clooney may want to look into some sort of police protection from whoever among ancestry.com's employees was well-versed enough in his ancestors to notice similarities between him and Abraham Lincoln. But, that aside, good news for George Clooney. Maybe this will give his career the kick it's needed for so long ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian119
- It's Time for the 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue to Stop190
- Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck23
- Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1470
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Pope: It’s Better to Not Even Believe in God Than to Be a Hypocritical Christian
- > Netflix Just Announced Tracy Morgan's First Comedy Special Since His Huge Car Wreck
- > Kansas Man Allegedly Yelled ‘Get Out of My Country’ Before Shooting 2 Indian Men, Killing 1
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’