Gay-Marriage Opponents Clash with Police in Paris Following Legalization Vote
In Paris, police used tear gas to push back protestors when a demonstration by opponents of gay marriage turned violent following a vote by lawmakers to legalize same-sex marriage in France. The demonstration reportedly started peacefully, but eventually some rioters threw glass bottles, rocks and even small, “petrol bombs” at police following the vote by the National Assembly. The issue of gay marriage is a contentious one in the European country—polls show a sharply divided population with many social conservatives displeased by the decision of the Socialist-majority Assembly. Last week, New Zealand also passed laws legalizing gay marriage …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet