The 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Legit
Something called "StarMedia" which Wikipedia calls a "leading Latin Internet brand" is saying that NBC has confirmed a new season of Friends in 2014. This news set Twitter into a deliriously happy tailspin. To quote StarMedia:
The rumor of a new season for Friends has been surrounding the web for months, but this time is more than a rumor! NBC network has confirmed they will launch a new season of Friends on 2014, it will be about their story in a comeback reunion!
So, there you have it. Sounds legit. It doesn't quote anyone or link to any official release and "this time is more than a rumor" is a tried and true journalistic turn of phrase. No other media outlets seem to have any idea what StarMedia is talking about, so where they're getting their information is anybody's guess. However, it's worth noting that NBC has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, which is curious. Of course, at this point, NBC's ratings are so low that a Friends reunion is probably their second best best, right behind inventing a time machine to take us all back to the '90s ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > U.N.: We’re Experiencing the Hottest Year on Record
- > Dominos Has Created a Button That Automatically Orders Pizza
- > The End Is Near: Nicolas Cage’s ‘Left Behind’ Leaves Netflix on Dec. 1
- > Watch Adele Perform ‘Hello’ with Fallon and The Roots Using Classroom Instruments
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘Captain America: Civil War’