The 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Legit
Something called "StarMedia" which Wikipedia calls a "leading Latin Internet brand" is saying that NBC has confirmed a new season of Friends in 2014. This news set Twitter into a deliriously happy tailspin. To quote StarMedia:
The rumor of a new season for Friends has been surrounding the web for months, but this time is more than a rumor! NBC network has confirmed they will launch a new season of Friends on 2014, it will be about their story in a comeback reunion!
So, there you have it. Sounds legit. It doesn't quote anyone or link to any official release and "this time is more than a rumor" is a tried and true journalistic turn of phrase. No other media outlets seem to have any idea what StarMedia is talking about, so where they're getting their information is anybody's guess. However, it's worth noting that NBC has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, which is curious. Of course, at this point, NBC's ratings are so low that a Friends reunion is probably their second best best, right behind inventing a time machine to take us all back to the '90s ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?