The 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Legit
Something called "StarMedia" which Wikipedia calls a "leading Latin Internet brand" is saying that NBC has confirmed a new season of Friends in 2014. This news set Twitter into a deliriously happy tailspin. To quote StarMedia:
The rumor of a new season for Friends has been surrounding the web for months, but this time is more than a rumor! NBC network has confirmed they will launch a new season of Friends on 2014, it will be about their story in a comeback reunion!
So, there you have it. Sounds legit. It doesn't quote anyone or link to any official release and "this time is more than a rumor" is a tried and true journalistic turn of phrase. No other media outlets seem to have any idea what StarMedia is talking about, so where they're getting their information is anybody's guess. However, it's worth noting that NBC has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, which is curious. Of course, at this point, NBC's ratings are so low that a Friends reunion is probably their second best best, right behind inventing a time machine to take us all back to the '90s ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Infidelity Doesn’t Just Happen. It Starts with These Subtle Warnings
- > Harvard Study Links Church Attendance to Lower Divorce Rates
- > Obama Thinks Pot Should Be Decriminalized
- > This YouTube Genius Can Turn Any Song into Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’
- > Chick-fil-A Is Rolling Out Another Food Truck
- > Pakistan Has Sentenced Five People to Death for Murdering a Christian Couple