The 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Legit
Something called "StarMedia" which Wikipedia calls a "leading Latin Internet brand" is saying that NBC has confirmed a new season of Friends in 2014. This news set Twitter into a deliriously happy tailspin. To quote StarMedia:
The rumor of a new season for Friends has been surrounding the web for months, but this time is more than a rumor! NBC network has confirmed they will launch a new season of Friends on 2014, it will be about their story in a comeback reunion!
So, there you have it. Sounds legit. It doesn't quote anyone or link to any official release and "this time is more than a rumor" is a tried and true journalistic turn of phrase. No other media outlets seem to have any idea what StarMedia is talking about, so where they're getting their information is anybody's guess. However, it's worth noting that NBC has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, which is curious. Of course, at this point, NBC's ratings are so low that a Friends reunion is probably their second best best, right behind inventing a time machine to take us all back to the '90s ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > This New Video from Disney Pixar Shows How the Movies Are All Connected
- > Watch Johnnyswim Perform ‘First Try’ on ‘Conan’
- > The Secret Service Will Pay a $24 Million Racism Settlement
- > A GoFundMe Page Raised $56,000 to Help a 108-Year-Old Woman Keep Her Home
- > This Super Slow-Motion Video of Popcorn Popping Is Surprisingly Epic