The 'Friends' Reunion Sounds Legit
Something called "StarMedia" which Wikipedia calls a "leading Latin Internet brand" is saying that NBC has confirmed a new season of Friends in 2014. This news set Twitter into a deliriously happy tailspin. To quote StarMedia:
The rumor of a new season for Friends has been surrounding the web for months, but this time is more than a rumor! NBC network has confirmed they will launch a new season of Friends on 2014, it will be about their story in a comeback reunion!
So, there you have it. Sounds legit. It doesn't quote anyone or link to any official release and "this time is more than a rumor" is a tried and true journalistic turn of phrase. No other media outlets seem to have any idea what StarMedia is talking about, so where they're getting their information is anybody's guess. However, it's worth noting that NBC has yet to confirm or deny the rumors, which is curious. Of course, at this point, NBC's ratings are so low that a Friends reunion is probably their second best best, right behind inventing a time machine to take us all back to the '90s ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation