Fred Phelps' Granddaughter Leaves Westboro
Megan Phelps-Roper—granddaughter of Westboro Baptist's Fred Phelps and, according to the Kansas City Star, the "heiress of hate"—is saying she and her sister have left Westboro and are wrestling with what to do next. In a very fascinating, very Catwoman-centric blog post, she says that Westboro's message of hate and fear was "what I lived, breathed, studied, believed, preached—loudly, daily, and for nearly 27 years. I never thought it would change. I never wanted it to. Then suddenly: it did. And I left. Where do you go from there? I don't know, exactly." Among other revelations, Megan says she regrets the pain she's caused, saying that hurt "was never the goal, but it was one of the outcomes." She also says the rest of her family have cut her and her sister off from their lives, but says that they are "well-intentioned." She closes by saying that she's well-aware of the ugly connotations her family's reputation brings but that she hopes "the changes we make in our lives will speak for themselves" ...
Recommended For You
- > The Founder of YouVersion Gave Pope Francis an iPhone with the App
- > Here's Your Full 'Jurassic World' Trailer
- > Matthew McConaughey Will Star in ‘The Stand’ Adaptation
- > Nick Offerman Carved This Large Piece of Wood to Announce His New Comedy Special
- > ‘Breaking Bad’ Executive Producer Michelle MacLaren Will Direct ‘Wonder Woman’