Franklin Graham Is Being Boycotted … By Baptists
Evangelist and humanitarian Franklin Graham isn't new to controversy, and Baptists aren't new to the idea of boycotting things. But now it appears some Baptists are actually boycotting Franklin Graham.
The group is protesting what they consider Graham's endorsement of recent U.S. anti-immigration policies they consider “contrary to the values of the Kingdom.”
The group's leaders said in the statement (as translated by Baptist Global News):
From the Old Testament to the New Testament, God continually calls us to justice, to love, peace and mercy and, above all, to accompany the marginalized, foreigners, widows and orphans.
According to the statement from Baptist Churches of Puerto Rico, which is affiliated with the traditionally left-leaning American Baptist Churches USA, they're not supporting Graham's rally for “for reasons of conscience.”
As Baptists, though, the group doesn't necessarily have influence over individual churches, which may or may not participate in the Festival of Hope.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’
- > Ellen Gave an Entire High School Class College Scholarships, and It Was Moving
- > #SomeoneTellFox Trends After Show Uses Real Footage of Terrorist Attack
- > The DAPL Protest Area Was Cleared in a ‘Military-Style Takeover’