Four Rapists Given Death Penalty in India
Four men, who were convicted in a case involving a horrific, fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old female college student, have been sentenced to death. The brutality of the crime made international headlines last year and resulted in stricter sexual assault laws throughout the country aimed at protecting women. However, according to this report from The Guardian (which contains some disturbing details), “Gang-rapes, acid attacks and other acts of violence against women continue to be reported across India each day.” More than 80 witnesses, who were also boarding the public bus when the attack occurred, testified against the four men. The four rapists, who claim they are innocent, say they plan on appealing their convictions …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course