Four Rapists Given Death Penalty in India
Four men, who were convicted in a case involving a horrific, fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old female college student, have been sentenced to death. The brutality of the crime made international headlines last year and resulted in stricter sexual assault laws throughout the country aimed at protecting women. However, according to this report from The Guardian (which contains some disturbing details), “Gang-rapes, acid attacks and other acts of violence against women continue to be reported across India each day.” More than 80 witnesses, who were also boarding the public bus when the attack occurred, testified against the four men. The four rapists, who claim they are innocent, say they plan on appealing their convictions …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.