Four Rapists Given Death Penalty in India
Four men, who were convicted in a case involving a horrific, fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old female college student, have been sentenced to death. The brutality of the crime made international headlines last year and resulted in stricter sexual assault laws throughout the country aimed at protecting women. However, according to this report from The Guardian (which contains some disturbing details), “Gang-rapes, acid attacks and other acts of violence against women continue to be reported across India each day.” More than 80 witnesses, who were also boarding the public bus when the attack occurred, testified against the four men. The four rapists, who claim they are innocent, say they plan on appealing their convictions …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity