Four Rapists Given Death Penalty in India
Four men, who were convicted in a case involving a horrific, fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old female college student, have been sentenced to death. The brutality of the crime made international headlines last year and resulted in stricter sexual assault laws throughout the country aimed at protecting women. However, according to this report from The Guardian (which contains some disturbing details), “Gang-rapes, acid attacks and other acts of violence against women continue to be reported across India each day.” More than 80 witnesses, who were also boarding the public bus when the attack occurred, testified against the four men. The four rapists, who claim they are innocent, say they plan on appealing their convictions …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Here's the Intense Trailer for the New Season of 'Sherlock'
- > Two Earthquakes Rocked Central Italy Within Hours of Each Other
- > 25 Refugees' Bodies Were Found in One Boat in the Mediterranean Sea
- > The Nation Debates: Is This Picture of Bill Murray or Tom Hanks?
- > This ‘Goonies’ Trailer Recut as a Horror Movie Is Terrifying