Former Homeless Student Earns Scholarship
With all of the bad news constantly making headlines, it’s always inspiring to hear stories like this. Drew Gooch was living in his car when he enrolled in a Tennessee high school to complete his education. The teenager had been forced to move out of his home because his mother’s boyfriend—a registered sex offender—had moved in and wasn’t allowed to live in the same home as a minor. He told the local Nashville news station WKRN, “You drive around and look for a dimly lit place and a place where no one will bother you. And you just hope no one bothers you while your sleeping."
But Drew didn’t just graduate—he graduated like a boss, earning a 3.9 GPA. Because of his hard work and amazing outlook, he’s been awarded three scholarships, including a full ride to Middle Tennessee State University. Congrats Drew, you deserve it—thanks for the inspiration …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > John Glenn, the First American to Orbit Earth, Died at 95
- > Report: Syria Has Stopped Bombing Aleppo So 8,000 Civilians Can Escape
- > Riz Ahmed Found Something to Rhyme With 'Calrissian' on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Tim Tebow Told an Incredible Story About a Crazy ‘Coincidence’ Involving John 3:16
- > Ryan Adams Has Released a New Song (and It’s Not a Taylor Swift Cover)