Former Homeless Student Earns Scholarship
With all of the bad news constantly making headlines, it’s always inspiring to hear stories like this. Drew Gooch was living in his car when he enrolled in a Tennessee high school to complete his education. The teenager had been forced to move out of his home because his mother’s boyfriend—a registered sex offender—had moved in and wasn’t allowed to live in the same home as a minor. He told the local Nashville news station WKRN, “You drive around and look for a dimly lit place and a place where no one will bother you. And you just hope no one bothers you while your sleeping."
But Drew didn’t just graduate—he graduated like a boss, earning a 3.9 GPA. Because of his hard work and amazing outlook, he’s been awarded three scholarships, including a full ride to Middle Tennessee State University. Congrats Drew, you deserve it—thanks for the inspiration …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > President Trump on Spree of Anti-Semitic Threats: ‘It’s Going to Stop’
- > Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon Seem to Be Having a Good Time Shooting ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- > Yes, Alex Trebek Rapped Along to Drake, Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar on ‘Jeopardy'
- > Famine Declared in South Sudan: Millions Are in Desperate Need of Food