Former Homeless Student Earns Scholarship
With all of the bad news constantly making headlines, it’s always inspiring to hear stories like this. Drew Gooch was living in his car when he enrolled in a Tennessee high school to complete his education. The teenager had been forced to move out of his home because his mother’s boyfriend—a registered sex offender—had moved in and wasn’t allowed to live in the same home as a minor. He told the local Nashville news station WKRN, “You drive around and look for a dimly lit place and a place where no one will bother you. And you just hope no one bothers you while your sleeping."
But Drew didn’t just graduate—he graduated like a boss, earning a 3.9 GPA. Because of his hard work and amazing outlook, he’s been awarded three scholarships, including a full ride to Middle Tennessee State University. Congrats Drew, you deserve it—thanks for the inspiration …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 212
- Remembering the Time Woody Allen Debated Billy Graham About God and Sex in Primetime468
- Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’47
- The Faith-Shaking Experience of Losing Debates About the Bible195
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening