Flickr Would Like to Remind You That They Don't Steal Your Pictures
Photo-sharing service Flickr (remember them?) re-posted a note today saying, "At Flickr, your photos are always yours":
We feel very strongly that sharing online shouldn’t mean giving up rights to your photos. Our Terms of Service clearly spell out that Flickr/Yahoo! doesn’t own the photos that you upload. You, as a member, maintain all ownership rights to the photos that you upload to Flickr. Our Terms of Service allow us to “use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Yahoo! Services solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available.”
Just an old, friendly thought from Flickr that they felt like re-sharing today. No reason at all. Could be any reason, really ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity
- > NY Yankees Foundation to Pay for the Education of Murdered Officer’s Kids
- > Man Who Killed Two NYC Police Officers Bragged on Instagram Before Shooting
- > SNL's Christmas 'Serial' Parody Hits It Out of the Park
- > Archaeologists Have Discovered an Entry Way to King Herod’s Palace
- > 'School of Rock' Is Coming to Broadway