‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
The couple behind HGTV’s reality series Fixer Upper recently spoke with Billy Graham Evangelistic Association about their faith and the impact the show has had on viewers. Fixer Upper centers on Chip and Joanna Gaines, and—like a lot of HGTV series—shows the designers undertaking new home renovation projects each episode. The couple first met at Baylor University, and for years, ran a home renovation and design company before being approached by the cable network. In the interview, they explained:
Our family has made a commitment to put Christ first, a lifestyle our parents modeled for us very well. They showed us how to keep our marriage and family centered around God. As for "Fixer Upper", we have been surprised at the impact of our faith through the show. We haven’t been overtly evangelical, but the rich feedback we have received on family and love all source from our faith. Jesus said the world would know His disciples by their love for one another, and we’ve glimpsed this in practice and strive for it every day.
It’s not the first time the show’s stars have spoken about their faith. Back in April, Joanna filmed this video for Baylor, discussing her testimony, her calling and how she uses her platform to share her faith.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Former Megachurch Pastor Tullian Tchividjian Almost Committed Suicide After Scandal
- > Last Night’s Debate Has Already Been Autotuned, and It’s Glorious
- > Report: Christians in North Korea Face Torture, Rape, Death and More For Their Faith
- > Texas Is Trying to Pass New Fetal Burial Laws
- > Conflict In Aleppo Continues As The City's Children Pray For Brutal War's End