‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
The couple behind HGTV’s reality series Fixer Upper recently spoke with Billy Graham Evangelistic Association about their faith and the impact the show has had on viewers. Fixer Upper centers on Chip and Joanna Gaines, and—like a lot of HGTV series—shows the designers undertaking new home renovation projects each episode. The couple first met at Baylor University, and for years, ran a home renovation and design company before being approached by the cable network. In the interview, they explained:
Our family has made a commitment to put Christ first, a lifestyle our parents modeled for us very well. They showed us how to keep our marriage and family centered around God. As for "Fixer Upper", we have been surprised at the impact of our faith through the show. We haven’t been overtly evangelical, but the rich feedback we have received on family and love all source from our faith. Jesus said the world would know His disciples by their love for one another, and we’ve glimpsed this in practice and strive for it every day.
It’s not the first time the show’s stars have spoken about their faith. Back in April, Joanna filmed this video for Baylor, discussing her testimony, her calling and how she uses her platform to share her faith.
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > TBN Co-Founder Jan Crouch Has Suffered a Life-Threatening Stroke
- > Report: At Least 700 Migrants Drowned in the Mediterranean Sea Last Week
- > That New ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Trailer Was a Shot-For-Shot Remake of One Released in 1991
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns