Five Vanderbilt Football Players Have Been Indicted in Student Rape Case
This weekend, 21-year-old Chris Boyd became the fifth Vanderbilt football player to be indicted in a case involving the rape of an unconscious fellow student that took place on Vanderbilt's campus on June 23. Boyd is being accused of advising one of the other defendants on how to cover up evidence of the crime. All five players have been dismissed from the team. Two other men, who were acquaintances of one of the accused football players, have been charged with a felony crime of tampering with evidence in the case. Though a statement from Vanderbilt’s Vice Chancellor for Public Affairs noted that none of the players had been found guilty, Beth Fortune said that the school is cooperating with investigators. "All of these allegations, including those brought today, are deeply troubling, and we take them very seriously" …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening