Finally. The Oscar Nominations Have Been Announced.
Every year, the entire world waits with bated breath for the Motion Picture Academy to descend from its Olympus-like hill from which it is able to flawlessly and objectively judge every movie and, to the joyous shouts of all, release that most wonderful list of the year, the Oscar nominees. Today was that day and the list is indeed wonderful. There were no major surprises, other than both Ben Affleck (Argo) and Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty) getting directorial snubs. As expected, Quvenzhané Wallis, the 6-year-old wonderworker in Beasts of the Southern Wild and youngest woman to ever be nominated for best lead actress, will be going head-to-head with Amour's Emmanuelle Riva, the oldest-ever woman in the same category. As expected, Seth MacFarlane, who will be hosting the ceremony, announced the nominees with stunningly unfunny jokes and managed, somehow, to make a Hitler one. Truly, a momentous occasion ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Protest Breaks Out After Officer Pulls Gun on Teens for Allegedly Walking Across His Lawn
- > Zach Galifianakis Will Not Leave James Corden Alone in This ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- > Pope Francis Does Not Think You Should Be on Your Phone at the Dinner Table
- > Drawing a Red X on Your Hand Today Really Does Make a Difference
- > Street Artist Creates ‘False Idol’ Statue of Kanye West as Jesus