Finally. The Oscar Nominations Have Been Announced.
Every year, the entire world waits with bated breath for the Motion Picture Academy to descend from its Olympus-like hill from which it is able to flawlessly and objectively judge every movie and, to the joyous shouts of all, release that most wonderful list of the year, the Oscar nominees. Today was that day and the list is indeed wonderful. There were no major surprises, other than both Ben Affleck (Argo) and Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty) getting directorial snubs. As expected, Quvenzhané Wallis, the 6-year-old wonderworker in Beasts of the Southern Wild and youngest woman to ever be nominated for best lead actress, will be going head-to-head with Amour's Emmanuelle Riva, the oldest-ever woman in the same category. As expected, Seth MacFarlane, who will be hosting the ceremony, announced the nominees with stunningly unfunny jokes and managed, somehow, to make a Hitler one. Truly, a momentous occasion ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > The U.S. Is Soon Going to Release 6,000 Nonviolent Drug Offenders from Prison
- > Renewable Energy Soccer Balls Provide Electricity for Communities in Need
- > World’s Oldest Woman’s Secret to Longevity: Sleep and Bacon
- > Science: TV Makes You More Emotionally Intelligent
- > AP: Smugglers Attempted to Sell Nuclear Material to ISIS