Finally. The Oscar Nominations Have Been Announced.
Every year, the entire world waits with bated breath for the Motion Picture Academy to descend from its Olympus-like hill from which it is able to flawlessly and objectively judge every movie and, to the joyous shouts of all, release that most wonderful list of the year, the Oscar nominees. Today was that day and the list is indeed wonderful. There were no major surprises, other than both Ben Affleck (Argo) and Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty) getting directorial snubs. As expected, Quvenzhané Wallis, the 6-year-old wonderworker in Beasts of the Southern Wild and youngest woman to ever be nominated for best lead actress, will be going head-to-head with Amour's Emmanuelle Riva, the oldest-ever woman in the same category. As expected, Seth MacFarlane, who will be hosting the ceremony, announced the nominees with stunningly unfunny jokes and managed, somehow, to make a Hitler one. Truly, a momentous occasion ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Toddler With Down Syndrome Stars in OshKosh Holiday Campaign
- > Oh Boy, This 'Santa vs Jesus' Board Game Is Causing a Stir
- > Watch the Creator of ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Perform the Theme with The Roots
- > The Twist Ending to This ‘Star Wars’ Ad Might Make You Cry
- > Chris Pratt Says He’d Like to See ‘Parks and Rec’ Back (Possibly as a Movie)