Fearless 11-Year-Old Yememi Girl Speaks Out Against Forced Marriage
Nada is an 11-year-old girl from Yemen whose parents have tried to force into marriage multiple times. But all of their attempts have been foiled by Nada who, with some help from her devoted uncle Abdel Salam al-Ahdal, has managed to stay one step ahead of wedding bells her entire life. When all her other options depleted, Nada finally ran away from home and called the police on her parents (forced marriages are technically illegal in Yemen, although the practice remains common). She then recorded this powerful testimony about her own journey, and sheds some light into the plight many, many young girls face in the Middle East ...
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Meet East Stratcom, the Tech Squad Fighting Fake News in Europe
- > President Trump on Spree of Anti-Semitic Threats: ‘It’s Going to Stop’
- > Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon Seem to Be Having a Good Time Shooting ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- > Yes, Alex Trebek Rapped Along to Drake, Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar on ‘Jeopardy'
- > Famine Declared in South Sudan: Millions Are in Desperate Need of Food