Fearless 11-Year-Old Yememi Girl Speaks Out Against Forced Marriage
Nada is an 11-year-old girl from Yemen whose parents have tried to force into marriage multiple times. But all of their attempts have been foiled by Nada who, with some help from her devoted uncle Abdel Salam al-Ahdal, has managed to stay one step ahead of wedding bells her entire life. When all her other options depleted, Nada finally ran away from home and called the police on her parents (forced marriages are technically illegal in Yemen, although the practice remains common). She then recorded this powerful testimony about her own journey, and sheds some light into the plight many, many young girls face in the Middle East ...
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > 24,000 Prison Workers Are On Strike And Nobody Is Talking About It
- > Obama to Kaepernick: ‘Listen to the Pain' the Protest May Cause Someone Who's Lost Family in Combat
- > A Teenager Opened Fire On A Children’s Playground Yesterday
- > Man Drops Ring In Baseball Game Proposal In Front Of 35,000 People
- > Elon Musk Wants To Put People On Mars And He Just Might