Fearless 11-Year-Old Yememi Girl Speaks Out Against Forced Marriage
Nada is an 11-year-old girl from Yemen whose parents have tried to force into marriage multiple times. But all of their attempts have been foiled by Nada who, with some help from her devoted uncle Abdel Salam al-Ahdal, has managed to stay one step ahead of wedding bells her entire life. When all her other options depleted, Nada finally ran away from home and called the police on her parents (forced marriages are technically illegal in Yemen, although the practice remains common). She then recorded this powerful testimony about her own journey, and sheds some light into the plight many, many young girls face in the Middle East ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'