FBI: Boston Bombing Suspect’s Friend Unarmed When Shot
In a statement this week, law enforcement officials said that Ibragim Todashev, a Chechen man shot and killed while being questioned by FBI agents in Florida, was unarmed at the time of the confrontation. The agency said that the incident is under review, and will not release more details at this time. Initially, there were some conflicting reports about what happened on May 22, when FBI officials went to question Todashev about his relationship with Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and a possible connection to a 2011 triple murder.
At the time, several unnamed law enforcement officials said Todashev brandished a knife or lunged at the agents weapon during the questioning. Todashev was an MMA fighter who trained with Tsarnaev in Boston. The Council on American-Islamic Relations has asked for an independent Justice Department investigation of what the FBI is calling a “violent confrontation” that “was initiated by the individual” …
Recommended For You
- > Congratulations on Your Number One Album, Lecrae.
- > Satanists Handing Out Satanic Children's Books or Something.
- > Krispy Kreme Is Celebrating Ghostbusters’ 30th Anniversary with Custom Donuts
- > Speaking in Tongues Is on the Rise Among Americans
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball