FBI: Boston Bombing Suspect’s Friend Unarmed When Shot
In a statement this week, law enforcement officials said that Ibragim Todashev, a Chechen man shot and killed while being questioned by FBI agents in Florida, was unarmed at the time of the confrontation. The agency said that the incident is under review, and will not release more details at this time. Initially, there were some conflicting reports about what happened on May 22, when FBI officials went to question Todashev about his relationship with Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and a possible connection to a 2011 triple murder.
At the time, several unnamed law enforcement officials said Todashev brandished a knife or lunged at the agents weapon during the questioning. Todashev was an MMA fighter who trained with Tsarnaev in Boston. The Council on American-Islamic Relations has asked for an independent Justice Department investigation of what the FBI is calling a “violent confrontation” that “was initiated by the individual” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation
- > A Canadian Pastor Has Gone Missing While Doing Humanitarian Work in North Korea
- > Finally, We Know What 'X-Men' Would Look Like if It Were Directed by Wes Anderson
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons