FBI: Boston Bombing Suspect’s Friend Unarmed When Shot
In a statement this week, law enforcement officials said that Ibragim Todashev, a Chechen man shot and killed while being questioned by FBI agents in Florida, was unarmed at the time of the confrontation. The agency said that the incident is under review, and will not release more details at this time. Initially, there were some conflicting reports about what happened on May 22, when FBI officials went to question Todashev about his relationship with Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and a possible connection to a 2011 triple murder.
At the time, several unnamed law enforcement officials said Todashev brandished a knife or lunged at the agents weapon during the questioning. Todashev was an MMA fighter who trained with Tsarnaev in Boston. The Council on American-Islamic Relations has asked for an independent Justice Department investigation of what the FBI is calling a “violent confrontation” that “was initiated by the individual” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President