The Fascinating History of ‘The Oregon Trail’
There’s a good chance that at some point growing up, you spent some number of hours playing The Oregon Trail on a desktop computer. If you have a few minutes today and are looking for an interesting read, Mental Floss has posted this feature that looks at the history of the classic game. The original version was the brainchild of a couple of college students trying to better understand code and get kids interested in history. Working out of a janitor’s closet, the group of friends ended up creating one of the most classic computer games of all time. Since it was first introduced in the early ‘70s, the game has been recreated on numerous formats and has remained a classic—the iPhone version alone has been downloaded more than 4 million times …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?