The Fascinating History of ‘The Oregon Trail’
There’s a good chance that at some point growing up, you spent some number of hours playing The Oregon Trail on a desktop computer. If you have a few minutes today and are looking for an interesting read, Mental Floss has posted this feature that looks at the history of the classic game. The original version was the brainchild of a couple of college students trying to better understand code and get kids interested in history. Working out of a janitor’s closet, the group of friends ended up creating one of the most classic computer games of all time. Since it was first introduced in the early ‘70s, the game has been recreated on numerous formats and has remained a classic—the iPhone version alone has been downloaded more than 4 million times …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.