The Fascinating History of ‘The Oregon Trail’
There’s a good chance that at some point growing up, you spent some number of hours playing The Oregon Trail on a desktop computer. If you have a few minutes today and are looking for an interesting read, Mental Floss has posted this feature that looks at the history of the classic game. The original version was the brainchild of a couple of college students trying to better understand code and get kids interested in history. Working out of a janitor’s closet, the group of friends ended up creating one of the most classic computer games of all time. Since it was first introduced in the early ‘70s, the game has been recreated on numerous formats and has remained a classic—the iPhone version alone has been downloaded more than 4 million times …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal