Family Gets Lost at Sea Trying to Follow God
Hannah Gastonguay, a 26-year-old mother of two, was rescued along with her husband after being lost at sea for weeks. Evidently, they set sail from San Diego because they were tired of "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," and thought their Christian faith would fare better elsewhere. So Hannah's husband “decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us.” They had every intention of sailing to Kiribati, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, because "we didn’t want to go anywhere big.”
The trouble is, of course, the ocean is big, and the Gastonguay family found themselves in a lot of trouble after a series of squalls got them hopelessly off course. Running low on food, they were finally rescued by a Venezuelan fishing vessel (the Captain of which allegedly told them, "Do you know where you're at? You're in the middle of nowhere,)" and they're being sent back to the States. For now, at least, their attempt to see where God would lead them has sent them back to where they started from ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation