Family Gets Lost at Sea Trying to Follow God
Hannah Gastonguay, a 26-year-old mother of two, was rescued along with her husband after being lost at sea for weeks. Evidently, they set sail from San Diego because they were tired of "abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church," and thought their Christian faith would fare better elsewhere. So Hannah's husband “decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us.” They had every intention of sailing to Kiribati, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, because "we didn’t want to go anywhere big.”
The trouble is, of course, the ocean is big, and the Gastonguay family found themselves in a lot of trouble after a series of squalls got them hopelessly off course. Running low on food, they were finally rescued by a Venezuelan fishing vessel (the Captain of which allegedly told them, "Do you know where you're at? You're in the middle of nowhere,)" and they're being sent back to the States. For now, at least, their attempt to see where God would lead them has sent them back to where they started from ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Here’s the ‘Holy Spirit Funk’ Parody Music Video You Never Asked For
- > A New Animated Movie Starring Pez Dispensers Is in the Works
- > Bill to End $500 Million in Annual Federal Funds to Planned Parenthood Blocked in the Senate
- > And in Dublin, A Giant Minion Fell into Traffic
- > Here's the Universe's First Look at 'Zoolander 2'