Fallon's Move Is Official
While it might be a little reminiscent of another beloved late, late night performer who was given a chance at Leno's spot, this one looks a little more secure. Jimmy Fallon will be hanging up his spot on Late Night next year and transitioning to the throne of talk show television: The Tonight Show, leaving Jay Leno to ride off into the sunset in his Canadian tuxedo. Leno says this is different than the chaotic mess than ensued following Conan O'Brien's lightning quick time in the spotlight. "The main difference between this and the other time is I’m part of the process," he told the Times. Alas, there's no word on The Roots yet, so keep your fingers crossed. One hates to imagine a Fallon show without them ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Here’s This: Kanye Says His T-Swift Interruption Was Activism
- > 'Hamilton' Grabs an Insane Number of Tony Nominations
- > Here’s a Look at ‘The War of 1996’ in This New ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Preview
- > Meanwhile in Politics, Trump Says Ted Cruz's Dad Was Part of the JFK Assassination
- > This Creepy New Radiohead Video Has Some Interesting Religious Imagery