Facebook vs Google: Our Worlds at War
Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook's new search feature on Tuesday. It's a bold step into Google's territory, a bolder move into Yelp's and, as you might guess, it's perfectly terrifying. Essentially, your entire friend network (and friends-of-friends network) is about to become searchable. Google-like. You can just search, say, "people who live in Chicago who like Walking Dead and musical theater" and, boom, you can start casting that zombie-themed Glee parody you've been working on. That's pretty cool, but you could also search, say, how often your ex-girlfriend's gotten together with any random dude. And if you haven't updated your privacy controls lately, you might want to consider it—this thing is a spammer's dream come true ...
Recommended For You
- > Rumor: Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Play Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Movie
- > Watch the Most Inspiring Postgame Interview Ever Recorded
- > More than 300K People Marched on New York to Bring Awareness to Climate Change
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'