Facebook Just Broke the Internet
You know those little Facebook “Like” buttons, comment fields and sharing widgets that are found on pretty much every website? Well, yesterday evening, for a brief time, they caused a massive error across the Internet, affecting sites that contained the sharing tools. Starting at about 7 p.m. ET, users who were browsing the web and were already logged on to Facebook, were redirected to a broken login screen when trying to visit their intended sites. Even major websites like CNN, Gizmodo and The Washington Post were affected by the error. Facebook, which values ideas like privacy and keeping sensitive information undisclosed, released the following statement to NBC News that offered no details, explanation or apology: “For a short period of time, there was a bug that redirected people from third party sites with Facebook Login to Facebook.com. The issue was quickly resolved” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes
- > Iraqi Officials: Retaking Mosul From ISIS Is Moving Fast