Facebook Just Broke the Internet
You know those little Facebook “Like” buttons, comment fields and sharing widgets that are found on pretty much every website? Well, yesterday evening, for a brief time, they caused a massive error across the Internet, affecting sites that contained the sharing tools. Starting at about 7 p.m. ET, users who were browsing the web and were already logged on to Facebook, were redirected to a broken login screen when trying to visit their intended sites. Even major websites like CNN, Gizmodo and The Washington Post were affected by the error. Facebook, which values ideas like privacy and keeping sensitive information undisclosed, released the following statement to NBC News that offered no details, explanation or apology: “For a short period of time, there was a bug that redirected people from third party sites with Facebook Login to Facebook.com. The issue was quickly resolved” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.