Facebook Just Broke the Internet
You know those little Facebook “Like” buttons, comment fields and sharing widgets that are found on pretty much every website? Well, yesterday evening, for a brief time, they caused a massive error across the Internet, affecting sites that contained the sharing tools. Starting at about 7 p.m. ET, users who were browsing the web and were already logged on to Facebook, were redirected to a broken login screen when trying to visit their intended sites. Even major websites like CNN, Gizmodo and The Washington Post were affected by the error. Facebook, which values ideas like privacy and keeping sensitive information undisclosed, released the following statement to NBC News that offered no details, explanation or apology: “For a short period of time, there was a bug that redirected people from third party sites with Facebook Login to Facebook.com. The issue was quickly resolved” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film
- > Here's a Crazy New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer
- > Vince Vaughn’s iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation