The Daily Mail Exposes Scientology Recruitment
London's Daily Mail has published a piece by a writer who was recruited at Scientology's headquarters in Clearwater, Fla., last week. The article goes behind the scenes to illuminate the manipulative process Scientologists use to draw in new recruits to their Bridge to Total Freedom—including invasive personality tests, pinching (yes, really) and purification rituals—and actually includes a number of pictures of actual private areas.
"You need to begin your purification process," she was told at one point. "That ranges between $3,000 and $5,000, and you’ll need to spend several hours a day sweating out the toxins of your life while adhering to a strict vitamin regime. You can start that today." It's a fascinating and disturbing read.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Someone Recut the ‘La La Land’ Trailer as a Thriller, and It’s Terrifying
- > A Bunch of Earth-Like Planets Were Just Found
- > Someone Made a Supercut of Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ever
- > Judge Blocks Proposed Medicaid Cuts to Planned Parenthood in Texas
- > Scorsese’s Next Film Is Headed for Netflix