The Daily Mail Exposes Scientology Recruitment
London's Daily Mail has published a piece by a writer who was recruited at Scientology's headquarters in Clearwater, Fla., last week. The article goes behind the scenes to illuminate the manipulative process Scientologists use to draw in new recruits to their Bridge to Total Freedom—including invasive personality tests, pinching (yes, really) and purification rituals—and actually includes a number of pictures of actual private areas.
"You need to begin your purification process," she was told at one point. "That ranges between $3,000 and $5,000, and you’ll need to spend several hours a day sweating out the toxins of your life while adhering to a strict vitamin regime. You can start that today." It's a fascinating and disturbing read.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity