Evidentially, Millennials Are Really Bad at Job Interviews
A recent piece from USA Today looks at a new trend among recent college grads—tanking during job interviews. In the article, several HR executives say that prospective employees between the ages of 18 and 34 frequently display behavior that is inappropriate and unprofessional. Who’s to blame for the lack of workplace etiquette? According to them, social media, of course! “The trend reflects a generation of Millennials who grew up texting and using smartphones and social media … So much off-the-cuff speaking in tweets and text messages has left many young people with stunted social skills.”
Though that sounds a little harsh, the article does provide some solid, practical job interview advice that is in no way patronizing to this demographic, like: Don’t bring your cat to your job interview; your parents should not accompany you; don’t take a random phone call mid-interview. Wow, us youngsters still have a lot to learn …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal