Although the RELEVANT offices haven't felt any effects Hurricane Sandy, our prayers are certainly with everyone who has. For all of you holed up in your homes, waiting out the storm, please stay safe. Keep your batteries charged. Stay hydrated. Use the buddy system. The Northeast is experiencing record power outages, electrical fires and, of course, miserable flooding through public transit systems, along boardwalks and up city streets. An estimated 7 million people are without power in 13 states, and the storm claimed at least 16 lives Monday night and early Tuesday morning, with thousands more waiting for rescue. For those looking to help, The Salvation Army and The Red Cross is providing emergency food and shelter to evacuees, World Vision is prepping to help children affected by the disaster, and Samaritan's Purse is recruiting volunteers to help with cleanup after Sandy subsides. On an International level, Sandy wreaked havoc on the Caribbean before it came to the States, and the International Medical Corps is taking donations for relief to those in Haiti and Cuba. If you know of any other organizations doing good for people affected by Sandy, let us know ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Report: 11.5% of the Entire Syrian Population Injured or Killed in Civil War; 45% Displaced
- > New Netflix Kids Show Will Feature Beatles Covers from The Shins, Of Monsters and Men, Sia and More
- > 58 Dead in Boko Haram Suicide Bombing
- > Kanye West’s Album Is Now Called ‘The Life of Pablo’
- > Watch Jean-Ralphio Explain How He Ended Up as the Voice of Star Wars’ BB-8