Even More 'Star Wars' Movies Coming
Disney chief executive Robert Iger has announced that in addition to the three Star Wars sequels it has already committed to making, the company is developing even more films, possibly stand-alone ones based around individual Star Wars characters, like Yoda and Chewbacca.
After Disney secured the rights to the franchise for more than $4 billion, Star Trek director J.J. Abrams signed on to direct the first installment of the new Star Wars series (effectively making him king of all geeks), which is slated for a summer 2015 release. Disney declined to elaborate on which characters the other films would be based on. In other words, starting in 2015, Disney will basically be just printing money …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation