Even More 'Star Wars' Movies Coming
Disney chief executive Robert Iger has announced that in addition to the three Star Wars sequels it has already committed to making, the company is developing even more films, possibly stand-alone ones based around individual Star Wars characters, like Yoda and Chewbacca.
After Disney secured the rights to the franchise for more than $4 billion, Star Trek director J.J. Abrams signed on to direct the first installment of the new Star Wars series (effectively making him king of all geeks), which is slated for a summer 2015 release. Disney declined to elaborate on which characters the other films would be based on. In other words, starting in 2015, Disney will basically be just printing money …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin