ESPN Throws Out Some Massive Layoffs
It looks like ESPN could be laying off as many as 400 people today. The reason for this wildly profitable organization's cutbacks are a little hazy, but, according to Deadspin, it may have something to do with ESPN's recent addiction to buying rights to live events. Also, Disney—which owns ESPN—has been cutting a lot of costs lately, so this could just be a decision made by the much higher-ups. Either way, it's a very unexpected move from a very successful company ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Lawmakers Vote Against Making the Bible the ‘Official Book’ of Tennessee
- > Jay-Z Is Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers to Thank Them
- > Ryan Gosling in Talks to Star in the ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
- > Matthew McConaughey Got Extremely Emotional Watching the ‘Star Wars’ Trailer (Wink)
- > E-Cigarette Use Up, Cigarette Use Drops Among U.S. Youth