ESPN Throws Out Some Massive Layoffs
It looks like ESPN could be laying off as many as 400 people today. The reason for this wildly profitable organization's cutbacks are a little hazy, but, according to Deadspin, it may have something to do with ESPN's recent addiction to buying rights to live events. Also, Disney—which owns ESPN—has been cutting a lot of costs lately, so this could just be a decision made by the much higher-ups. Either way, it's a very unexpected move from a very successful company ...
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign