ESPN Throws Out Some Massive Layoffs
It looks like ESPN could be laying off as many as 400 people today. The reason for this wildly profitable organization's cutbacks are a little hazy, but, according to Deadspin, it may have something to do with ESPN's recent addiction to buying rights to live events. Also, Disney—which owns ESPN—has been cutting a lot of costs lately, so this could just be a decision made by the much higher-ups. Either way, it's a very unexpected move from a very successful company ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?