The Entire History of Mankind in One Infograph—from 1931
Slate’s history blog has uncovered this amazing, incredibly detailed “Histomap” that tells the entire story of human existence in one, colorful, massive info-graph. The 5-foot-long map was originally sold to schools and students for just $1 back when it was published by Rand McNally in 1931. As Slate points out, “The chart emphasizes domination, using color to show how the power of various ‘peoples’ (a quasi-racial understanding of the nature of human groups, quite popular at the time) evolved throughout history.” Despite some modern criticism of its categorization methodology, it’s still an impressive work of visual storytelling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes
- > Iraqi Officials: Retaking Mosul From ISIS Is Moving Fast
- > John Crist’s Fake Ad for ‘Millennial International’s ‘Sponsor a Millennial’ Program Is Perfect