Election of Pope Francis, Pres. Obama Bigger on Twitter than Royal Baby
The birth of the royal baby was big news yesterday—especially on Twitter, where even big brands capitalized on the announcement. According to Mashable, following the official news of the birth of the third in line to the British throne, royal baby mentions reached 25,300 tweets per minute. That may sound like a lot, but it doesn’t even come close to other major cultural events, like the election of Pope Francis in March (132,000 tweets per minute) and the all-time record set following the re-election of President Obama (237,000 tweets per minute). Even the Spice Girls managed to drum-up more Twitter buzz last year (116,000 tweets per minutes). No one tell the town crier that the royal baby wasn’t big news. We’re pretty sure this is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to this dude …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal