Election of Pope Francis, Pres. Obama Bigger on Twitter than Royal Baby
The birth of the royal baby was big news yesterday—especially on Twitter, where even big brands capitalized on the announcement. According to Mashable, following the official news of the birth of the third in line to the British throne, royal baby mentions reached 25,300 tweets per minute. That may sound like a lot, but it doesn’t even come close to other major cultural events, like the election of Pope Francis in March (132,000 tweets per minute) and the all-time record set following the re-election of President Obama (237,000 tweets per minute). Even the Spice Girls managed to drum-up more Twitter buzz last year (116,000 tweets per minutes). No one tell the town crier that the royal baby wasn’t big news. We’re pretty sure this is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to this dude …
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like