Earth, from 1 Billion Miles Away
NASA has released this breathtaking picture taken on July 19 by the Cassini spacecraft, which is currently floating through the solar system, 1 billion miles away. With the rings of Saturn in the foreground, the image shows earth as a tiny blue speck in the distance. In a release from the space agency, Cassini project scientist Linda Spilker poetically noted, “We can’t see individual continents or people in this portrait of Earth, but this pale blue dot is a succinct summary of who we were on July 19” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Amazon’s ‘Dash’ Automatic Ordering Button Is Evidently Not a Prank
- > U.S. Foreign Adoptions are the Lowest They’ve Been Since 1982
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day