Earth, from 1 Billion Miles Away
NASA has released this breathtaking picture taken on July 19 by the Cassini spacecraft, which is currently floating through the solar system, 1 billion miles away. With the rings of Saturn in the foreground, the image shows earth as a tiny blue speck in the distance. In a release from the space agency, Cassini project scientist Linda Spilker poetically noted, “We can’t see individual continents or people in this portrait of Earth, but this pale blue dot is a succinct summary of who we were on July 19” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'