Earth, from 1 Billion Miles Away
NASA has released this breathtaking picture taken on July 19 by the Cassini spacecraft, which is currently floating through the solar system, 1 billion miles away. With the rings of Saturn in the foreground, the image shows earth as a tiny blue speck in the distance. In a release from the space agency, Cassini project scientist Linda Spilker poetically noted, “We can’t see individual continents or people in this portrait of Earth, but this pale blue dot is a succinct summary of who we were on July 19” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet