Earth, from 1 Billion Miles Away
NASA has released this breathtaking picture taken on July 19 by the Cassini spacecraft, which is currently floating through the solar system, 1 billion miles away. With the rings of Saturn in the foreground, the image shows earth as a tiny blue speck in the distance. In a release from the space agency, Cassini project scientist Linda Spilker poetically noted, “We can’t see individual continents or people in this portrait of Earth, but this pale blue dot is a succinct summary of who we were on July 19” …
Recommended For You
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?
- > Another Charming Visit From Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
- > Catholic Bishop Summit Ends Without Revised Stance on Same-Sex Couples