The Drought is Not Getting Better, If That's What You're Wondering
For those of us who may be on the fence about whether or not we're in favor of the drought that is now affecting half of the country, here is some news that should tip the scales. Tom Vilsack, the US Agriculture Secretary, called it "the most serious situation" in 25 years. The drought is now affecting 1/3 of United States' counties, and more are being labeled as "disaster areas" every week. It's threatening to raise food prices significantly in 2013. Said Vilsack, "I get on my knees every day and I’m saying an extra prayer now. If I had a rain prayer or rain dance I could do, I would do it” ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Christians Visit Mosque in Chattanooga ‘As a Show of Love’ to Muslim Community
- > Be Inspired By the New Trailer for Will Ferrell’s 'Ferrell Takes the Field'
- > Divers Found 300-year-old Gold Treasure Valued at $1M
- > ‘Key & Peele’ Is Coming to an End
- > NASA Has Released an Incredible Image of the ‘Sombrero Galaxy’