The Drought is Not Getting Better, If That's What You're Wondering
For those of us who may be on the fence about whether or not we're in favor of the drought that is now affecting half of the country, here is some news that should tip the scales. Tom Vilsack, the US Agriculture Secretary, called it "the most serious situation" in 25 years. The drought is now affecting 1/3 of United States' counties, and more are being labeled as "disaster areas" every week. It's threatening to raise food prices significantly in 2013. Said Vilsack, "I get on my knees every day and I’m saying an extra prayer now. If I had a rain prayer or rain dance I could do, I would do it” ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Host of ‘The Preachers’ Says He Was Joking After He Seemed to Endorse Open Marriages
- > At Least 80 People Were Killed By ISIS Suicide Attacks in Kabul on Saturday
- > This ‘Legends of the Hidden Temple’ Movie Looks Super Lame
- > This Trailer for ‘Doctor Strange’ Is a Real Mind Bender
- > Here’s the New Trailer for Oliver Stone’s Edward Snowden Movie