Dozens of Morsi Supporters Dead as Egyptian Protests Turn Violent
At least 42 people have been killed and hundreds injured as protests over the recent ouster of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi descended into violence. There are conflicting reports about what sparked the use of deadly force at the demonstration in Cairo earlier today. The Muslim Brotherhood said that supporters of Morsi, protesting peacefully, were fired upon by military forces. Military officials say that the demonstrators attempted to storm a government building, and that “terrorists” had killed a police officer and wounded several others. The Muslim Brotherhood has encouraged Egyptian Morsi supporters to rise up against the military who forcibly removed the president last week …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign