Donations Pour in For Seattle Pacific University Student Who Stopped Shooter
The Internet has come together to give back to a hero. Last week, a gunman killed one student and injured two others when he opened fire on the campus of the Christian college Seattle Pacific University. But, while he was reloading, a student serving as a dorm monitor use pepper spray to stop the shooter, tackled him and put him in a chokehold until authorities arrived. In doing-so, 26-year-old Jon Meis potentially saved the lives of many nearby classmates. After news of his heroism started to become known online, Reddit users found the registry for his upcoming wedding, and started purchasing him gifts. Users then created a GoFundMe page, that has so far taken in more than $48,000 to pay for the couple’s honeymoon and start their marriage off with some savings ...
Update: Meis has released a very profound, touching statement, thanking everyone for their gratitude, requesting that all further donations be given to the victims, and asking everyone to remember that "a hero cannot come without tragedy."
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Nachos Become a Sad Casualty of an MLB Foul Ball
- > Study: Millennials May Be the Least Religious Generation in American History
- > Google’s ‘Undo Send’ Feature Is Now Available to Everyone
- > ISIS Attacks Hotels in Baghdad and Mosques in Saudi Arabia
- > MIT’s Robo-Cheetah Now Hurdles Obstacles. Sweet Dreams.