Donations Pour in For Seattle Pacific University Student Who Stopped Shooter
The Internet has come together to give back to a hero. Last week, a gunman killed one student and injured two others when he opened fire on the campus of the Christian college Seattle Pacific University. But, while he was reloading, a student serving as a dorm monitor use pepper spray to stop the shooter, tackled him and put him in a chokehold until authorities arrived. In doing-so, 26-year-old Jon Meis potentially saved the lives of many nearby classmates. After news of his heroism started to become known online, Reddit users found the registry for his upcoming wedding, and started purchasing him gifts. Users then created a GoFundMe page, that has so far taken in more than $48,000 to pay for the couple’s honeymoon and start their marriage off with some savings ...
Update: Meis has released a very profound, touching statement, thanking everyone for their gratitude, requesting that all further donations be given to the victims, and asking everyone to remember that "a hero cannot come without tragedy."
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > New Report: Number of Abortions in the U.S. Continues to Decline
- > At Least 21 Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bomber in Nigeria
- > Cards Against Humanity’s Black Friday Sale: Pay $5 for Nothing
- > Study: 41% of Shoppers Feel Like They Need to Spend More Than They Can Afford at Christmas
- > Report: Saudi Arabia Will Behead at Least 50 People in One Day