Donations Pour in After Homeless Man’s Good Deed
It’s stories like this that can make your day. Last week, we posted a slice about Bill Ray Harris, a homeless man in Kansas City who made national news after he returned a diamond ring to a woman who accidentally dropped it into his change cup. Moved by the story of honesty, a local web designer set up a page on Giveforward.com for people to donate to help Harris get his life back on track. So far, more than $16,000 has poured in. But that’s not where the story ends. Billy Ray’s brother, who has been trying to connect with his sibling for almost 30 years, was able to finally contact him after the media coverage and now plans on bringing Billy Ray back to their hometown in Texas in the coming weeks. Billy Ray Harris told reporters that his grandfather, who was a reverend, raised him to always value the character traits of kindness and honesty …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes