Donations Pour in After Homeless Man’s Good Deed
It’s stories like this that can make your day. Last week, we posted a slice about Bill Ray Harris, a homeless man in Kansas City who made national news after he returned a diamond ring to a woman who accidentally dropped it into his change cup. Moved by the story of honesty, a local web designer set up a page on Giveforward.com for people to donate to help Harris get his life back on track. So far, more than $16,000 has poured in. But that’s not where the story ends. Billy Ray’s brother, who has been trying to connect with his sibling for almost 30 years, was able to finally contact him after the media coverage and now plans on bringing Billy Ray back to their hometown in Texas in the coming weeks. Billy Ray Harris told reporters that his grandfather, who was a reverend, raised him to always value the character traits of kindness and honesty …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President
- > Sir Patrick Stewart Just Got Cast as a Very Special Character in the new 'Emoji Movie'
- > 'Wayne's World' Is Returning to a Theater Near You