Does Anyone Actually Eat Salads from McDonald’s? Nope
So, exactly how much do salad sales contribute to McDonald’s overall bottom line? Almost nothing. At a recent investor conference, CEO Don Thompson said that sales of the fast food chain’s healthier options made up just 2 to 3 percent of overall U.S. sales. McDonald’s has even tried to brand the salads by adding meat to their names. As it turns out, not even a “Bacon Ranch” salad or a “Southwest with Crispy Chicken” salad is very appealing when coming from McDonald’s. Thompson told investors frankly, "I don’t see salads as being a major growth driver in the near future.” There’s always the “Filet-O-Fish.” That’s got to be kind of healthy …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats