Does Anyone Actually Eat Salads from McDonald’s? Nope
So, exactly how much do salad sales contribute to McDonald’s overall bottom line? Almost nothing. At a recent investor conference, CEO Don Thompson said that sales of the fast food chain’s healthier options made up just 2 to 3 percent of overall U.S. sales. McDonald’s has even tried to brand the salads by adding meat to their names. As it turns out, not even a “Bacon Ranch” salad or a “Southwest with Crispy Chicken” salad is very appealing when coming from McDonald’s. Thompson told investors frankly, "I don’t see salads as being a major growth driver in the near future.” There’s always the “Filet-O-Fish.” That’s got to be kind of healthy …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > Diplomats Working Toward Temporary Cease-Fire in Syria
- > Here's the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Show 'Roadies'
- > Two Teens in Arizona Were Killed in (Yet Another) School Shooting
- > Jimmy Fallon Interviews Peyton Manning...Or Is It?
- > A 10-Year ‘Friday Night Lights’ Reunion Is in the Works