Doctors: Stem Cell Treatment Could Cure Blindness
Scientists may one day be able to use stem cell injections to cure certain types of blindness. According to a new study recently published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, researchers used actual blind mice to see if injecting new photoreceptors cells—the cells that sense light and send visual signals to the brain—would restore their vision. Experts called the successful experiments a “huge leap” forward for potentially reversing and preventing blindness caused by certain types of diseases. Researchers hope that the treatment could be ready for human clinical trials within five years …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet