Doctors: Stem Cell Treatment Could Cure Blindness
Scientists may one day be able to use stem cell injections to cure certain types of blindness. According to a new study recently published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, researchers used actual blind mice to see if injecting new photoreceptors cells—the cells that sense light and send visual signals to the brain—would restore their vision. Experts called the successful experiments a “huge leap” forward for potentially reversing and preventing blindness caused by certain types of diseases. Researchers hope that the treatment could be ready for human clinical trials within five years …
Recommended For You
- > Teaser: Netflix's New Original Series, 'Bloodline'.
- > OK. Fine. Katy Perry's Halloween Costume Is Great.
- > Another Day, Another New Harry Potter Story from JK Rowling
- > Homemade Transformers Halloween Costumes Show the True Possibilities of Cardboard and Glue
- > Myanmar Leadership Host Rare Meetings with Activist Aung San Suu Kyi