Doctors: Stem Cell Treatment Could Cure Blindness
Scientists may one day be able to use stem cell injections to cure certain types of blindness. According to a new study recently published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, researchers used actual blind mice to see if injecting new photoreceptors cells—the cells that sense light and send visual signals to the brain—would restore their vision. Experts called the successful experiments a “huge leap” forward for potentially reversing and preventing blindness caused by certain types of diseases. Researchers hope that the treatment could be ready for human clinical trials within five years …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today