Doctors: Stem Cell Treatment Could Cure Blindness
Scientists may one day be able to use stem cell injections to cure certain types of blindness. According to a new study recently published in the journal Nature Biotechnology, researchers used actual blind mice to see if injecting new photoreceptors cells—the cells that sense light and send visual signals to the brain—would restore their vision. Experts called the successful experiments a “huge leap” forward for potentially reversing and preventing blindness caused by certain types of diseases. Researchers hope that the treatment could be ready for human clinical trials within five years …
Recommended For You
- > 'Star Wars' Without the Music Is Uncomfortable, Amazing.
- > Wonderful Grandparents Accidentally Tagging 'Grandmaster Flash' On Facebook
- > How Megachurches Are Spending Their Tithes and Offerings
- > Here's the Trailer for Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper's 'Serena'
- > Girl Disappointed to Learn Obama Is Not Beyonce