Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Movie Sounds Insane
On the surface, a movie based on what is arguably Disney World’s lamest amusement park attraction (the kitschy, future-as-envisioned-in-the-‘60s Tomorrowland), doesn’t sound all-that interesting. But then again, Pirates of the Caribbean—a blockbuster film franchise based on a slow-moving, outdated, animatronic boat ride—has turned out to be a massive success. A few months back Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol director Brad Bird and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof revealed this photograph of a chest filled with old pictures (and presumably, plot clues), from their upcoming movie starring George Clooney called Tomorrowland. Now, the studio is finally telling fans what the movie is all about—and it sounds pretty crazy:
Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as "Tomorrowland."
Our prediction: They’re in purgatory the whole time. (If you’ve ever waited in line for an attraction at the actual Tomorrowland, the purgatory thing will make perfect sense) …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation