Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Movie Sounds Insane
On the surface, a movie based on what is arguably Disney World’s lamest amusement park attraction (the kitschy, future-as-envisioned-in-the-‘60s Tomorrowland), doesn’t sound all-that interesting. But then again, Pirates of the Caribbean—a blockbuster film franchise based on a slow-moving, outdated, animatronic boat ride—has turned out to be a massive success. A few months back Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol director Brad Bird and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof revealed this photograph of a chest filled with old pictures (and presumably, plot clues), from their upcoming movie starring George Clooney called Tomorrowland. Now, the studio is finally telling fans what the movie is all about—and it sounds pretty crazy:
Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as "Tomorrowland."
Our prediction: They’re in purgatory the whole time. (If you’ve ever waited in line for an attraction at the actual Tomorrowland, the purgatory thing will make perfect sense) …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President